Learn how to implement and troubleshoot the routing and switching infrastructure in the Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture with the next-generation Cisco Nexus 5000, 7000, and 2000 series fabric extenders. After receiving a strong technical overview of the Cisco Nexus version 5.x platform architecture, you will cover:
- Deployment and operations
- Advanced power management and planning
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs)
- Advanced virtual PortChannels (vPC), including troubleshooting and recovery scenarios
- Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) and Mutltihomed OTV
- Cisco FabricPath (Layer 2 multipathing)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 features
- Quality of Service (QoS)
Through our hands-on labs, you will explore the features of Cisco NX-OS Software and the Cisco Nexus platform, gaining a realistic understanding of day-to-day operations of these products, including Layer 2 and 3 multipathing, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and converged network adapters (CNAs) in today's data center.
The labs you'll perform will prepare you to lead a new implementation or a migration to the Nexus from a Catalyst 6500 environment.
In addition, you'll find expanded coverage of advanced troubleshooting methods used by the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).